Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Every week, or so, at http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com
Mama Kat posts 5 prompts to get your brain working.
I seem to never get to it, but then I figured it doesn't have to be so WORDY. So I'll post whatever comes to me and leave it at that. This is supposed to be fun right?!?!


The Prompts:


1.) My animals are making me nuts.
(inspired by Jody from Take Me As I Am).

2.) List the 5 best things about the first day of school.
(inspired by Lane from Sneaky Daddy).

3.) Tell us about your crush.
(inspired by Lisa from Just Lisa, No Filler)

4.) How did you break it?
(inspired by Brandy from Not Your Average Soccer Mom)

5.) Show us a favorite summer craft.
(inspired by Kristin from The Way It Is)

I'm choosing 5 best things about the first day of school.

Now if you know me, I am NOT looking forward to the first day of school. It breaks my heart that they are gone for 6 hours of the day. The idea of someone else teaching my children and them not getting the one on one attention they deserve, makes me sad. The funny thing is, I LOVE SCHOOL!!! I always liked it growing up, except for those mean kids. I very much enjoyed getting my 2 degrees. I actually want to get my doctorate but we have to pay for the first 2 degrees first. So I am not sure why I despise my children going to school.

The first best thing is that I know they both are so excited to go to school. Alli's pretty much familiar with the school year since she's going into 2nd grade. Jason has been desperately waiting for Kindergarten to start. So that is one good thing.

Another best thing, they get to make friends with kids their own age.

They get a break from each other. They love each other but, like anyone else, they need a break from each other.

Fourth good thing, I'll be able to walk the dogs as far and as fast as I like.

Fifth thing, I'll be able to focus on a task without someone needing something or just wanting to chat.

So there you go. I'm still not happy about it, but I'll try to focus on these 5 things. :-)

Which one are you going to pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is what the coolest peeps on the planet had to say: