Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fabulous!

It’s been such a fabulous journey getting to know God. It’s amazing how much different everything looks through my new eyes.

When I started this journey to Okinawa, I can say that I was less than thrilled. In Missouri, I got to meet Christian women and really connected with them. Coming here I felt cut open by the fact that this would be my first base that I don’t know anyone, having to find my place among Christian women, and just finding Christian women, it was all so very intimidating.

I found PWOC through the website the night before the summer kick off in 2008. I fell in love. In love with God’s presence, in love with the idea of being with Christian women, and eventually in love with all the fabulous women!

I almost feel in shock. Before Christ I would meet someone who I thought would be great, I would give all the “me” I had and ALWAYS got hurt very badly. So I still find myself almost poking these fabulous women. Almost waiting for the “bubble” to burst. How could such greatness exist in a person, especially in women? It’s just not happening. There is no bursting bubble. These women are 100% real and in love with Jesus, just like me!

Don’t get me wrong, I do know that we all are sinners. But I can see Christ in them and through them. I’ve never felt this thing because it’s almost unexplainable.

So today after the PWOC board meeting, we all went to the little café called “Café Latte”. So cute, and they had pancakes for Jason AND HE ATE THEM!!! There were 6 ladies and Jason in a booth that was so comfortable and close. It was the best time I have had outside my family, since we’ve been on Okinawa! I never wanted it to end. It only seemed like 10 minutes but I know it was longer than that because when we left I had to run to the post office and pick Alli up from school.

I feel like we are all flowers. Some are different colors, some different shapes. Some don’t like too much water, some do. In the end we are all flowers who NEED God, our sun, to live and grow.

My day was fabulous. And I must admit that I am so very thankful that God has sent us to Okinawa, he’s so fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim - lunch today was great!! I wasn't thrilled, at first, on the place we chose but God is always great to work everything out!!! I love your post and analogy - you are very creative!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Here is what the coolest peeps on the planet had to say: